Sunday, June 17, 2012

"If You're Listening?" Huh? Were you talking to me?

If You're Listening



As you enter the house of God, keep your ears open and your mouth shut...
After all, God is in heaven, and you are here on earth. So let your words be few. Ecclesiastes 5:1-2 NLT

Wow!! We just got slammed huh? I am a talker now..when I read this I felt just like Priscilla did with Jada. I can't tell you the times that I have been in prayer..gettin' my talkin' on, beggin' God to answer my prayers all the while tellin' Him how to do it..anybody else out there doing the same?
Miss Priscilla tells us that we need to create time, space and opportunity to hear God and receive His detailed guidance and to discern His leading. She states that before we can begin to explore further instruction on how God speaks or even why He speaks we first must ask ourselves whether or not we want to hear Him enough to stop doing all the talking so that we might listen. Geez, she had my number..is she spying on me?? I'm gonna have to stop here and let this sink in.. How about you? What did this say to you?

In Him,
Shana



No comments:

Post a Comment